Kerry Bicycle Festival
is was a free festival which brings together a selection of diverse events which aim to celebrate the bicycle. This festival encompasses musical, artistic and outdoor events all of which are free and will take place within the environs of Tralee town.
This festival was established in 2008 in order to raise the profile of cycling culture by making it more accessible and attractive and to promote cycling as an environmentally sustainable and cost effective mode of transport. This is a voluntary organisation comprising a group of people with diverse interests and backgrounds all with a common goal.
The objectives of the festival are to:
- Raise the profile of cycling culture, making it more accessible and attractive.
- Highlight cycling as a healthy, pleasurable activity.
- Promote cycling as a environmentally sustainable and cost effective mode of transport.
- Celebrate bicycle inspired art.
- Promote Kerry as a destination for cycle tourism.
- Promote Cycling as an exciting and diverse sport.